Our data intelligence team is a diverse group of analysts, a data warehouse engineer and a data scientist. They all share the same enthusiasm for data and are passionate about shaping and spreading our data-driven culture in all departments.
We’re seeking a proven analytics leader excited about scaling data science and analytics in a well-established company. You will set the best practices around how to build data products and leverage the power of data across the company. You’ll partner with engineering, marketing and product managers to design strategy and tools to enable decisions based on insights. You’ll be a coach and an evangelist who empowers their team to solve complex problems.
What you will do:
- Evangelize, coach and preach about data driven business culture in all departments.
- Lead, grow, motivate and inspire your team.
- Set the direction for our data engineering and its architecture to ensure data quality, data accuracy and platform flexibility
- Determine the right tools for the top priority jobs to efficiently solve problems. Collaborate with different functions to design solutions for their challenges.
- Define the team’s structure & strategy to support business goals
- Institute data intelligence best practices and guidelines
- Drive the standardisation of metrics / KPIs and help business units embed these metrics into their day-to-day work
- Create and maintain analytics data pipelines that generate insights to power business decision making
What we look for:
- Experience in data analytics in an online business - ideally building reporting, BI, web analytics and data pipelines
- A strong understanding of how actionable insights are generated with data sets
- Ability to focus under pressure and prioritise team’s deliverables in line with company goals
- Experience in leading a mid-size data analytics team
- Extensive knowledge of BI concepts (e.g. ETL, dimensional modeling, data warehouse design, dashboards)
- Extensive knowledge of database query languages (e.g. SQL), database design, optimizing queries, internals knowledge of query planning
- Excellent project management skills, ability to work well across different business units and be autonomous
- Engineering experience in developing applications, within service-oriented architectures, and working within product development teams a plus
- Appetite for continuously defining the scope of own team’s work - sense of ownership leading to proactive opportunity hunting
- Understanding of eCommerce and/or marketplaces a plusr marketplaces a plus
What we offer:
- Opportunity to grow in a market leading company with a very strong local brand
- An exciting, dynamic and multicultural working environment
- A young, open-minded and motivated team
- A lot of room for taking the initiative and making a big impact on results
- A shareholder offering an extensive network and various opportunities within the group portfolio
- A highly attractive workplace located in Zug, with high quality of living, low tax rates and superb infrastructure