ricardo.ch is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 1 million listed items and more than 2 million users. If you enjoy solving problems and are creative in the solutions you bring to problems, then you will enjoy working with us.
Want to work on something that really matters and impacts everyone in ricardo.ch ?
Our data intelligence team is a diverse group of business analysts, a data engineer and a data scientist. They all share the same enthusiasm for data and are passionate about shaping and spreading our data-driven culture in all departments.
Engineer intern will work closely with other engineers and business analysts to build and maintain the Analytics Platform with large scale, high performance and rock-solid reliability. This is a hands-on position that will require performing system development and maintenance activities in the exciting and dynamic e-commerce field.
What you will do:
- Work with business analysts and engineers in analyzing business requirements, and translate these requirements into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of Data Intelligence applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Effectively document and communicate results
- Other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned
What we look for:
- Current student majoring in Computer Science/Information Technology, Software/Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, C#, Go, Python, …) in an academic, hobbyist or commercial environment
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Knowledge of relational databases, Structured Query Language (SQL), good understanding of Data structures and Algorithms
- Experience working with large data sets, matrices or solving engineering topics (e.g.: MatLab, MathCad, Mathematica,...)
- General interest in data analysis and reporting
- Curiosity about how things work and natural desire to solve problems
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
What we offer:
- Opportunity to grow in a market leading company with a very strong local brand
- An exciting, dynamic and multicultural working environment
- A young, open-minded and motivated team
- A lot of room for taking the initiative and making a big impact on results
- A shareholder offering an extensive network and various opportunities within the group portfolio
- A highly attractive workplace located in Zug, with high quality of living, low tax rates and superb infrastructure
- In addition, we offer training, knowledge sharing, career development