ricardo.ch is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 1 million listed items and more than 2 million users. If you enjoy solving problems and are creative in the solutions you bring to problems, then you will enjoy working with us.
Our team supports our business and engineering growth. We make sure that our systems are up and running and remove bottlenecks. We also ensure that our engineers have the best tools to create great products and build whatever they need to do this.
Examples of work we have done at ricardo.ch
- We moved en entire datacenter to another location without service interruption
- We completely automated deployment on Amazon Web Services for e-commerce solutions using Hybris, Terraform and Ansible
- We implemented security measures to mitigate DDOS attacks impact and kept ricardo.ch online
- We setup Kubernetes and docker to speed up our transition to microservices
The following experiences are relevant to us:
- Experience with data center topics, physical space, cabling, network appliances, rack installs, hardware upgrades and troubleshooting
- Experience migrating and moving systems between data centers and cloud services
- Strong Linux skills, Windows server a plus
- Firm understanding of networking, routing, BGP, firewall rules, remote management, VPN, etc
- Experience with Docker, virtualization systems, KVM hosts
- Able to build cost-efficient and effective common (or open-source) solutions to datacenter needs, and maintain them - compared to enterprise-grade custom solutions
- Experience with support systems, working with suppliers, and 3rd-party contractors for system and network support
- Able to build and design servers and network setups, with a good balance of simplicity, expandability and cost
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, on-duty, and on-call setups
- Experience mentoring, training, and leading junior engineers
- Strong experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.