Today, Ricardo is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 2.3 million listed items and more than 4 million users. For more than 20 years, we help our users to find a new home for their idle object. Ricardo is the paradise of bargain hunters, the happiness of collectors, we rock and you should come working with us.
You will be part of Ricardo Engineering, a remote-friendly department of 50 engineers located in three countries (Zug - Switzerland, Belgrade - Serbia, Sophia-Antipolis - France).
You will not be alone: we have 3 guilds (Java, Golang and Persistency) about 20 Backend engineers from 5 other teams and we gather bi-weekly to share best practices, support each other and ramp up your skills.
At Ricardo, we not only deeply care about user experience (everybody does it today) but we also value a lot your experience (everybody says it today, but come and see yourself 😉). You'll have the power to push for innovation, on tech and/or product, and being able to drive it.
👤 Role and responsibilities
We are looking for an engineer that demonstrates a passion for delivering simple, reliable and maintainable services.
You'll take part in a cross-functional team of 5 to 9 persons and if you think something is wrong in how/what you're doing, you can make things change.
📝 If you want to be part of it, you must:
- Have at least 5 years of experience with running backend applications in production.
- Have at least 5 years of experience using relational databases.
- Have a strong experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs, that operate at scale, are easy to use, self-documented and have the client’s perspective always in mind.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Particularly care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You are passionate about teaching and empowering your colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good communication.
- Have a decent level of English.
🔎 If you are the rare bird we're looking for, you also:
- Have experience with PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Redis, Kafka, Solr.
- Have ever worked with Cloud applications (ex. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) using technologies like: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus, CI/CD.
Training and conference budget available for everybody 🧑🏫
- Strong engineering culture, empowerment and trust
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Collaboration with people from other brands in the SMG Tech Community
Home office possible also after the Covid period.
- Fresh fruits, Free coffee @ the Office 🍏☕
- Friday drinks & seasonal parties 🍻
- Yearly party with all our colleagues 🥳
- 12 recovery days in addition to the 25 holidays 🌴
- Lunch tickets 🍽️
- Swimming pool and tennis court in free access right next to the office 🏊🎾
- A modern and cozy working place with a positive and friendly atmosphere.
- Great equipment - Macbook Pro or equivalent laptop of your choice 💻
- Opportunity to travel regularly to our office in Zug ✈️
Learn more about our tech community by visiting our presentation page.
So send your CV in English 🇬🇧 today!